TonightStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 159 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:46 am

Fyre's GM Application

5 posters

Go down

Will I make a Good GM?

Fyre's GM Application I_vote_lcap29%Fyre's GM Application I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Fyre's GM Application I_vote_lcap71%Fyre's GM Application I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 7

Fyre's GM Application Empty Fyre's GM Application

Post by fyre Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Yes, this has been posted by me for many times. It is done in the same format that is wanted. This was NOT copied from any sites. This was made by MYSELF. If you want to see another application in my other format, feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Name: Johnny Wong/John

Location/Timezone: San Leandro, California; PST

Describe yourself (personality wise):
I'm imagine myself as a fun and playful guy to be around with. Maybe that or I'm conceited. I'm all serious towards hackers though. If my mom hacked, I would ban her. Ya, I'm so serious. I started playing maplestory a week before Beta was over. I got the hang of the game by the first day, although I messed up my magician with 20 str >.<. I am strict on rules and a friendly guy to be around with. I love to play sports like tennis, badminton, almost anything with nets. I love to draw when I'm bored as well. They are not so great, but I still try to improve.

Email (If any): fyrer0cks@hotmail.com

MSN (If any): fyrer0cks@msn.com

How active are you in game? in forums?:
I’m like online most of the times when the server is up. In fact, I find that I’m also online when the server is not up. I’ll be online everyday in the evening till like midnight and should be online the whole day on weekends if I do not go out with my friends. In forums, I am active everyday, just to see what's new and what's going on. Seeing if there are problems needing to be fixed.

How long have you been with InfamousMS?:
About 1 and a half week.

What do you think you can contribute to this server?:
1) Hostings of events definitely(who don’t like events?XD)
2) I can sit at the fm and and answer questions thrown to me all day long as long as it does not sound stupid.
3) I may know nuts about coding but I’ve been a normal player in this server for quite some time and I understand what normal players expect from us. So I can give good points of view/suggestions on how to improve on the server as well as start learning coding from one of the admins(IF they’re willing to teach).
4) As mentioned, I’ve been here long enough to witness some GMs abusing their powers and authorities(*HINTS*) and I totally despise it. So you can rest assured that I’d only do my parts and will not cause any unnecessary troubles.
5) I’m not a biased person especially if conflicts arise, I will go and understand the whole situation before bringing out the hammer.

Why are you applying for GM?:

As a normal player, I received the comprehension of a good GM. A good GM is one who maintains and punishes the hackers. Their main priority is to banhammer the hackers, as they may be roaming your server right now. They are active, as hackers thrive through the day and night (they don't sleep). A good GM engages players to this server and make a good first impression of the community to the newcomers. They make players feel at home and comfortable. They do what they must to make the server as fun as possible. They are supportive to the server and distribute the good and bad news to the community. They suggest ideas to make the server better, follow the rules, and vote.
If chosen to become a GM, I will do every one of the above.

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?:
Yes I have. I have been a GM on several servers during the past months and everything went well. Sadly, Lloyd took down the servers... My most recent activity as a GM was within the server "StoryOfLOve" (Server title has been changed). I know most of the GM commands by heart and I am very creative about events. Many of my friends see me as a compatible and friendly GM. During troublesome days, I am always ready to take action and I am committed to the community.

What is your method for hunting for hackers?
I would use the !cheaters command and go to their location while being invis. At their, I would see for sure if they are hacking or not. And sometimes, I might just run into them.

How often do you think you should hunt for hackers?:
As often as possible. I would do a check-up everytime I log on. Even during events and such. Who knows, they might hack to win. I will be on the lookout no matter what the circumstance.

How would you handle a hacker?:
I would first take a SS of them hacking, and make sure they are hacking 100% before taking further actions. I might give them a warning and let them loose. If they continue to hack, I will see to it that this has to end. To see into this, I would as a higher rank GM to take further actions about this case. My last resort would be to ban them.

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?:
I would take them to a map where we can be alone and see why they are arguing. Next up, I would try to settle their arguments and see if we can go to an agreement. Later on, if they continue to argue, I would jail them for a certain amount of time. If this continues, I would have to ban the player that is ignoring my warnings/punishments.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?:
I would just ignore it. Seeing how they can't do any better than me. I must admit I am not perfect, but, hey. What can you do? I try and give it my all.

As a GM what do you feel is more important for YOURSELF? Having fun or Keeping the server organized and clean?:
As a matter in fact, I find both to be important. Having fun once in a while is what we all need to keep us functioning and not being bored from time to time. And yet, we have to keep the server organized and clean. I feel knowing more about the players of InfamousMS and keeping the whole server organized IS fun. Responsibilities are what keeps us in order so..yah.

Why should we choose you?:
The reason I want to become a GM is because I have fulfilled everything I set out to fulfill. I also wanted to become an important part of this awesome community. I know the responsibilities of a good GM throughout my experiences of a normal player.

Why shouldn't we choose you?:
You shouldn't choose me because I am not perfect. Sometimes, I like to have fun more with the players than keeping my responsibilities up. But in the end, I know that it is responsibilities, THEN fun. I can't be on InfamousMS and AIM/MSN because I would lag. So I would have to take it one at a time.

Extra info you feel is necessary:
In the overall, I would say I had quite a pleasant time at SS. Made quite a few nice friends. Wouldn’t say I never made any enemies but everything’s fine. I won’t be an idiot and say I lOVE InfamousMS!! It’s just one of the better servers I’ve played and the commands here I feel are more of a variety and more easier to use compared to other servers. For example like @rebirth and @spinel. And I also feel that this server is in need of a GM for my timezone and I think I fulfill the criteria for it. I’m editing my application as I feel that I’m have been in this server for quite some time compared to the previous time I applied for GM position when I was still kind of ‘ignorant’. So I know quite well on how the server is like already compared to last time. I CAN code somethings. I have gotten some npc codes at the moment. I'm not that good at coding, but I can still do it.

Pledge: I, John, here by pursue the rules of terms and usage for the InfamousMS community. I will always be committed to the community and I will assist those that are in need of help throughout my game play. I will use my powers accordingly and I will not abuse it. For if I abuse my powers, I here by agree the removal of my authority.

Thank you for your time reading my GM application. I know it isn't the best but I tried my hardest. If you need to contact me, I am usually online in the game during the day. If there is any more infomation you need or if there is any faults in this application, tell me and I will fix it.

Last edited by fyre on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:56 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : The format "you" wanted.)

fyre

Trophy : 5414
Fame : 0

Back to top Go down

Fyre's GM Application Empty Re: Fyre's GM Application

Post by xPhailure Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:27 pm

i think u used this application for like 3 times when all the application got deleted o.o

xPhailure
Game Master

Trophy : 5545

Back to top Go down

Post by fyrer0cks Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 am

It's because Randy thinks I copied it when I did it myself. And he is going to use my format when he accused me of copying. Kind of wrong there.

fyrer0cks

Trophy : 5410

Back to top Go down

Post by iL1nk Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:49 am

Lol... u came back.. what happened to Nick's server?

Isn't good?
iL1nk
iL1nk
Game Master

Trophy : 5461
Fame : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by fyre Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:42 am

I'm still waiting for his server. And it's not like Randy will accept this. Just wanted to see. Lol. Don't worry :]. I'm still waiting and helping him as much as possible.

fyre

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisChinxD Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:18 am

Nice Fyre.. i played Story Of love too.

Fyre's GM Application Untitled-1

ChrisChinxD

Back to top Go down