TonightStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 159 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:46 am

Building an ecomony

+2
isee
OhhAndyT
6 posters

Go down

Building an ecomony Empty Building an ecomony

Post by OhhAndyT Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Remember this is just a suggestion. I'm not enforcing anyway of this server to change. So if you're going to reply, please, make sure you make it intellegent.

I come from one of the most popular servers. FinalStory. If you have not heard of FinalStory either continue to read or just skip the story and read my Let's try and build togather.

FinalStory or aka FMS, had reached over 5000 players. Why? Becuase they had a really strong ecomony. This means that godly items were sold at such a high price it would take a week to earn the money. And rare nx means its so rare you have to either donate or get it from an event. But its hard to earn it at an event since they only do it about 1 time for 2-3 week. And rebirths aren't free. Yep thats right. Infact it cost $50 for rebirth. You might ask why. Well the reason is becuase all the players won't be strong. And when it comes to fight an pap or zak, you don't fight alone. You ACTUALLY have to gather up a team and beat it. It's becuase they had a damage cap. If you're expecting for a strong ecomony, don't expect to ask GM for free items. If GMs keep on doing this, the item will bring up a less of a value and it will eventually drain the ecomony. And you have to work hard for mesos and nx. It cost mesos to buy nx. This is make players want to stay more. If players had everything from the start, then whats the point of trying? Now you might think I'm bragging or something. But I'll tell you the downfall of FinalStory.
They are VERY strict. If you get an arugement with the owner, you're automaciall I.P. banned.
Autoban can ban you for something you didn't do. And in some cases, innocent people were banned forever.
Donators ( such as myself ) aka were basically the GMs. Since they have increadiable power ( remember, it cost $50 for a rebirth, so not many people has it ) and most of them are famous. The reason is becuase 14 out of 16 were inactive.
Since GMs were not there most of the time, it basically become a donator land, meaning they ksed everybody. Causing everybody to leave.

Lets build, togather
Suggestions: ( REMEMBER, IT'S JUST A SUGGESTION! )
*Wipe, the only way to get rid of everything and restart fresh
*[450,300,15] for a steady rate
*To buy meso it will cost people 1b for 50k nx, so that people will continue to work harder for nx and making them stay longer
*Make godly items and rare nx hard to get.
*Damage cap, so this mean that if you see anybody passing a certain damage, they're hackers and also so strong players doesn't take over the game.
*NO FREE REBIRTHS it doesn't have to be a crazy price like $50, it can be like $10. People in my server pay crazy amount of $ for rebirth. This guy donated $600 dollars before! But average is about $300-100 per donator.
*GMs shouldn't smuggle godly, or rare nx to players, not only it's not fair to other palyers but it will dramastically bring down the ecomony
*Find a way to have players do PQ or bosses togather, this will make it other players have fun and make friends while doing it.

Like I said, it's all just suggestions, so don't be trippin that I'm trying to change to server. I am only expressing what I think it's best. That's all. Well...PEACE! Smile
OhhAndyT
OhhAndyT
1st Job Advancement

Trophy : 5467
Fame : 0

http://www.myspace.com/andyq.tran

Back to top Go down

Building an ecomony Empty Re: Building an ecomony

Post by isee Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Ok dude I like the idea of making the nx rare and stuff, and how you actualy have to try to get items but the part about donating to get a rebirth is just lame.
isee
isee
Forum Moderator

Trophy : 5683

Back to top Go down

Post by iHetalia Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 pm

not all people can donate and most people would get mad having to start over
iHetalia
iHetalia
3rd Job Advancement

Trophy : 5618

Back to top Go down

Post by OhhAndyT Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 pm

How about for rebirth, you have to work really hard to get it? Not to easy, becuase if everyone rebirths, everyone have the same power.
OhhAndyT
OhhAndyT
1st Job Advancement

Back to top Go down

Post by isee Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Dude You Cant Work Hard For Rebirth, You simply Have To Donate To Get it And Its Unfair To People Who Cant Donate.
isee
isee
Forum Moderator

Trophy : 5683

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 am

Sorry Andy. But hes right. Not everyone has a Debit or Visa or Credit card.
I dont even have one O.o
Randy
Randy
Administrator

Trophy : 15691
Fame : 3

http://infamousms.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by OhhAndyT Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Not donating, I meant by ingame.
OhhAndyT
OhhAndyT
1st Job Advancement

Back to top Go down

Post by Shikto Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

For rebirth: They will have to find a certin item each time they want to rebirth at a level (Lets say least level you can rebirth at is 210) Ex: First rebirth: Find a Skill master book. Second rebirth: Find Bigfoot's big toe and so on
Shikto
Shikto
Forum Moderator

Trophy : 5440

Back to top Go down

Post by wyijx Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:15 pm

This would require a full blown revamp man. I agree that some of the more popular NX items be made less available through rarity, and some items prices be increased. However one thing we try and avoid by playing Maple Story on a Private server is to avoid all the nit-picking annoying parts of playing the actual Maple Story. Such as taking five years of straight level-grinding to get to level 200, or five weeks to buy work gloves for god's sake. I personally play high rate servers because I work all but two days a week and when I do sit down to play, I want to enjoy myself, socialize, and pvp. By Charging people for rebirths you'd simply keep the people who cannot afford to donate, to donate. A donation is a set amount of money which you wish to contribute in order to enable the server host, to purchase, or maintain a better quality to the server. NOT for in-game privileges items. If these things are an added bonus that's fine. But I do not see it fair to limit those who cannot donate.

I think in order to set up a stable, full working economy for inFamousMS there would have to be a full second server to set up with beta tester involvement where the GM's would get together and price items based on usage, popularity, and convenience. This would take several weeks and also would introduce the possibility of many more bugs as there would be a lot of editing to the code. Massive code editing like you are ensuing would most positively cause crashes, bugs, and glitches. The number one things to drive people away. Therefore we'd have to do this on a separate server.

I would be willing to host a secondary server for this trial runs. But economies as we see with our current government one are fine tune contraptions. You are ensuing much more than your forum post entails.
wyijx
wyijx
1st Job Advancement

Trophy : 5449

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Running a BETA Server for a few weeks is a good idea.
Im Pretty sure my brother `David` can let me host on his computer.
We`ll see how people respond to openning a beta.
Randy
Randy
Administrator

Trophy : 15691
Fame : 3

http://infamousms.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: